1. January 26, 2020, marks the 71st Indian Republic Day.
2. It was on this day in 1950 that the esteemed constitution came into effect and India was declared an independent republic country.
3. One of the main functions of the Republic Day Parade is to pay tribute to the martyrs who have sacrificed their lives for the country and to confer bravery awards on military persons, citizenry and children for showing courage in the face of adversity.
4. The First Republic Day Parade Was Held At Rajpath In 1955.
5. The country celebrated its first Republic Day almost 3 years after we acquired Independence. The date was January 26, 1950.
6. The Constitution of India took around 2 years 11 months and 18 days to be drafted. The task of writing the Indian Constitution was given to a Drafting Committee that was lead by Dr. BR Ambedkar.
7. There are two copies of the Indian Constitution, one in English and one in Hindi. Both copies of the Constitution of India are handwritten.
Constitution of India in English and Hindi.
8. The Indian Constitution is the longest one to be written in the world. It has 444 articles divided into 22 parts and 12 schedules. Recently, 118 amendments were added to the Constitution.
9. Copies of the handwritten Constitution of Indian were signed by 308 Assembly members on January 24, 1950.